Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Nursery Begins

Happy New Year everyone! 

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's celebration and made it out alive and well.  My New Year's celebration was so much fun! I spent it with my friends at a cabin at Priest Lake.  I have to tell you that I was craving that champagne as it was passed around at midnight but I was a good little pregnant lady and abstained.  The sweet waitress that brought out the champagne for our table noted that Matt and I weren't drinking and brought out a beautiful 7-Up and huckleberry mixture in champagne glasses for us so we could cheers with the rest of the group in style.

On to the nursery...

Matt had today off from work so I he diligently began working on the nursery.  He did such a great job painting the walls.  Our plans for the nursery are just beginning with a coat of Tiffany blue colored paint.


Once that dries, we will be adding our vinyl white tree to the wall and hopefully it will look something like this:



After we do the tree, we intend to do the bedding in hot pink, black and white - I know, I know...that is a bit different than the normal baby girl's room but we like it and I guess that is what really matters, right?

Here are the fabrics that we are thinking of using for the bedding:



I know this nursery is not the sweet pastel nursery that many are used to but I have a feeling our little Stella probably will be a little red headed spit fire and would fit just fine in a bright and crazy room :)

Happy New Year to you all! Here is to an amazing 2011! Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Had so much fun New Years Eve! And... I LOVE the nursery colors/ideas! Can't wait to see it! Happy painting/decorating... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I bet she will, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, cant wait to see it! let me know if you need help painting or anything. we could have a paint party :)

    ReplyDelete