Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Now I'm getting nervous...

Hi everyone!  Let me catch you up on all that has happened over the past few days. 

As I wrote before, I was in Seattle for the weekend for a work event but I had the opportunity to hang out with my mom and dad on Saturday and Sunday, which was great.  I had been avoiding registering for the baby because every time I went to pick things out, I would start to get overwhelmed and panic, so I would just end up avoiding it completely.  Mom said she would help me with it this weekend.  We made our way down to Babies R Us and Target and began the process.  Let's just say it was not the most pleasant experience. 

First, the stores were PACKED!  It seemed like we had to maneuver to get through every isle and look at the items.  Second, there are WAY too many choices!  I'm not a mom yet...I don't know what kind of bottle my baby will like or what humidifier is best and I don't want to become that crazy mom that either has way too much stuff all over the house or loses her mind once the baby comes because she is so unprepared.  Thank goodness my mom was there to help guide me because I would have surely ran out of the store in a panic if I hadn't had her help.  Just as we were completing my registry, I thought I would put on the glider that I wanted (because you get 10% off towards the end of your pregnancy for anything on your registry) and the Babies R Us lady told me it would be a 4 month lead time to get the fabric I wanted...I almost burst into tears (I blame hormones) because I don't have 4 months and it sort of just hit me like a freight train!  After spending an exhausting day trying to get everything right, I realized that I have 3 months till this baby comes! GULP!!! I'm feeling very much like that unprepared crazy mom to be...

Ok - so weekend was over and as I was flying back home I realized that I really look pregnant now.  Either my mom fed me way too much over the weekend (strong possibility) or this is actually happening (another reality check moment).  I seriously feel like my belly grew over the weekend and I am bigger today than I was on Thursday when I left. 

Then comes Tuesday...I'm lucky enough to have a best friend that is a labor & delivery nurse at the hospital where I will be delivering so Matt and I got the private tour of the delivery rooms and the mother & baby rooms.  The hospital was great and it was really nice to be able to see everything before the big moment arrives but it was another serious reality check moment...I started to get extremely nervous because this is all becoming very real.  Of course I knew what I was getting into but 9 months sounds like such a long time and in the beginning, you can't wait for the end to be here so you can meet your baby but then it goes by pretty quickly and all of the sudden you realize your whole life is going to drastically change within a matter of months.  YIKES! 

This is really happening!! I'm just trying to pray through the panic moments :).  Don't get me wrong...I could not be more thrilled and excited but I am also feeling very nervous for all of the unknowns that will be flooding in soon.

On another note, if you all could pray for a friend of mine at work.  His wife found out she had breast cancer while she was pregnant with their first child and they had the baby about 1 month early so she could get the necessary chemo for her cancer.  Baby is doing great but mom is going through chemo and having a bit of a rough time so please keep them in your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. You will be a wonderful mother. There is no doubt in my mind, and I don't think this baby will want for a thing!! She is very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to do great, Ally!! Thank you for letting me be such a big part of your experience!! I am so excited for both you and Matt. Take a deep breath....enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and embrace this moment. Stella is so incredibly blessed to have you as a mother, and Matt as a father!!!

    ReplyDelete