Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Vivid Dreams

I know many of you that keep up with this blog are friends that are looking to get pregnant in the near future.  Let this post serve as a warning to you...Beware of what you watch on TV right before you fall asleep!

 I've noticed that I have to be careful with what I watch right before I fall asleep because those images and stories will make their way into my dreams.  Dreams which, since I have been pregnant, are VERY vivid and easy to remember.  I'm assuming that I remember these dreams more because I am up in the night so often to use the restroom and they must just stay in the forefront of my mind.

Well, last night I was watching the news and it was covering the recent shooting of Congresswoman Giffords and several other innocent bystanders.  I also had just watched the movie "Knight and You" with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz, over the weekend which I think also played a part in this whole dream.  And wouldn't you know it...my dream somehow became a horrifying hostage situation.  Here it goes:

It began with me being an undercover FBI agent (of course...what else would I be!!) My undercover team and I were just patrolling the area we were assigned to when we got a call that there were shots fired at a party at a local mansion (yes...mansion - I know it's crazy).  We were then told to try and infiltrate the mansion and pose as guests at this party and essentially become hostages ourselves.  Somehow this task was much easier than it should have been...we basically just walked in and sat down amongst the other people inside the mansion.  My entire FBI team of 5 people were all sitting in this huge foyer with about 30 other people from the party. 

The men that were holding us all hostage were obviously frantic...they were running around yelling at each other and trying to keep control, however people kept going in and coming out of the front door without any problem.  The whole situation didn't make sense to me.  Soon, they found out there were FBI inside the mansion and proceeded to threaten us all until we gave ourselves up.  They would take each line of about 5-10 people into separate rooms in the mansion and question us all.  By this time, my team had spread out and we were no longer in the same line with each other.  I was the only agent in my line of hostages and we were taken to the room with the indoor pool.  I only really remember this because everything the guy with the gun kept saying was echoing throughout the room and hard to understand.  I remember surveying the room as we entered; trying to come up with exit strategies in case they were needed.

It was about this time that I woke up and went to the restroom.  Being the mean wife that I am, I woke Matt up to tell him this horrible dream I had been having.  He, of course, said that it was just a dream and I should go back to sleep.  As I started to dose off, I did everything I could to try and will myself to have a different dream but I was not that lucky...

When I finally fell back asleep, I somehow was back in the main foyer with all of the other hostages, however I was the only agent left.  Either the other agents were picked out and "dealt with" or they had escaped somehow.  I could hear the FBI negotiator on the phone with the guy in charge.  He became distracted and kept pacing into the other room.  He would disappear for several minutes and then return.  He seemed to be the only bad guy that was in the room with us at the time.  During one of his absences, I identified myself as FBI to the hostages and told them that when he disappeared again, we were all going to make a break for the entrance and run till we got to safety.  Sure enough, as predicted, he came back in - still chatting with the FBI negotiator - and then left again.  We all got up and ran.  We kept running until we were next to the police and FBI outside of the scene.  I remember thinking that it was way too easy and as we exited, the SWAT team immediately entered the mansion.

I don't really think this dream had a definite ending but I remember being content with knowing that there were no civilian casualties and that everyone had made it out safely. 

Such a strange dream and so vivid.  I really did feel the intensity of the situation whenever I would wake up.  Hopefully the stress I endured during the dream doesn't affect little Stella - LOL...maybe I'll watch something a little less grim next time I go to sleep!

Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. ha! thats crazy... ive always wanted to continue my dream when ive woken up in the middle of it! maybe one day ill be able to ;) LOVE how the nursery is coming along!!

    ReplyDelete