Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Third Trimester Begins! 12 Weeks To Go...

Hi Everyone! It is now official...I am in the third trimester.  I hit 28 weeks on Wednesday, 2/16.  Here is a quick run down of the latest events in our lives:

First a quick update on my appointments.   Now that I have officially entered the third trimester, I see the doctor every 2 weeks for the next 8 weeks and then once a week after that until Stella arrives.  My last appointment was on 2/15 and the big event at this appointment was the glucose test to check for gestational diabetes.  They had given me a small 10 oz bottle of what appeared to be orange soda and it was creatively named "Glucola" hahaha!  Well...appearances can be deceiving because it tasted nothing like orange soda!  Think back to when you were a kid (or for some of you, last summer) and you ate those Mr. Freeze pops during the hot season.  Now imagine drinking 10 oz of thawed orange Mr. Freeze...not so yummy!  I managed to keep it down and they drew my blood exactly 1 hour after drinking the Glucola.  I have been told that I will only receive a call if the results come back abnormal and if I don't hear anything by Tuesday of next week, I should be in the clear.  Here's hoping everything comes back within normal range because my awesome husband bought me an ice cream cake for Valentine's Day and I really want to continue to eat it!  They also did a fundal measurement for the first time and I was measuring 29 cm which is right on track with where I should be.

Next, a glimpse into our first experience with birthing class...

Our first (of four) "Prepared Childbirth" class was last night.  I was pretty eager/anxious to see what it was like and Matt seemed a bit apprehensive but supportive.  As we walked into the class, Matt mentioned that I was the smallest belly bump by far.  It turns out that I was the youngest gestationally by a few weeks so that explains why everyone else had a larger bump.  Apparently most people don't feel the need to take the class until they are ready to pop! That surprised me but maybe that is just evidence of my type A, must have a plan for everything, personality :) One gal said she was due in 2 weeks!! The class lasts 4 weeks - what was she thinking?!?! Anyway...the teacher was great and very thorough.  She was obviously a strong advocate for natural childbirth and the first session was all about positions and breathing techniques to help the mother get through the intensity (she told us not to use the word pain because of negative connotations) of the contractions during labor.  We had the opportunity to practice some deep breathing techniques during the end of class and Matt's nervous energy and humor appeared.  She told us to focus on something calming and I made the mistake of looking at Matt.  He looked back and gave me the goofiest smile ever! I almost started busting up laughing but everyone else was taking this very seriously so I refrained and held it back and decided to just close my eyes for the remainder of the breathing practice.  Overall, the class was very informative and I'm definitely glad we signed up.  It will be interesting to see how the next 3 classes go and how Matt holds up.  He has been such a trooper through it all and I'm so thankful for such a supportive partner during this process!

And lastly, what would life be if there weren't a little negative stress involved?? Our home in Bonney Lake is still currently being rented by a wonderful family and they nicely let us know in advance that they are closing on a home at the end of their lease (end of May) and will not be continuing to live there once they close.  BUMMER!!! This means that I will have to get the house cleaned and back up and listed as a rental while having a brand new 2 week old.  I'm slightly overwhelmed just thinking about it but I'm trusting that it will all work out and trying not to get too ahead of myself, as I tend to do.  So if you know of anyone in need of a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom rental home in Bonney Lake, let me know :)

And that wraps up the latest events in the Cole household!

I hope this post finds you all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment