Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oh what a night!

Have you ever had those nights that seem endless because you cannot get more than 30 minutes of consecutive sleep?? I had one of those nights last night.

To begin with, I'm used to being up about 1x every other hour to use the restroom these days...that is nothing new but last night added some additional fun interruptions.  Here is how the night went:

10:00pm - Ally & Matt go to sleep
11:30pm - Ally wakes up to use the restroom
12:45am - Surprise - Ally wakes up to use the restroom
1:30am - Matt knocks over a glass of water on his nightstand and Ally decides since she is up, she should use the restroom while Matt cleans up the mess
2:45am - The shower in our master bathroom lets out a big amount of water (which has never happened before) and then continues to make a loud dripping sound throughout the rest of the night.  Ally's mind begins to wander and she starts thinking the basement is flooding and cannot seem to get back to sleep.
3:00am - Coach decides to get sick and Matt jerks out of bed to make sure he gets a towel underneath her so she doesn't vomit on the carpet.  Oh - and Ally is up so she uses the restroom again.
4:30am - Matt's driver for work begins to text Matt about the mountain pass conditions since he was scheduled to drive to Auburn.
5:00am - Matt finally texts him back and they continue to correspond for the next 30 minutes.  Oh...and Matt's phone makes a beep with every key that is pressed so Ally is up and goes to the restroom yet again.
5:30am - Matt gets up early and goes into work to figure out the driving situation and just as he leaves, Coach begins to heave again so I rush her onto the tile in the bathroom and then clean up that mess.
6:00am - Ally begins work

Oh what a night...

I guess this is God preparing me for what is to come when our little one gets here.  I have to say that the selfish part of me is not looking forward to this kind of thing night after night...yuck! I like my sleep too much!  I'm sure it will be all worth it when Stella is here but my goodness, last night was rough.

I hope your night was better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment