Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Holy Blizzard Batman!

Wowzer...did we have a blizzard last night in Spokane!! The news had been reporting about how badly Western WA and N. Idaho were going to get hit but they were saying Spokane should only get 1-4 inches which is really no big deal here.  We've had 3 snow storms where we have accumulated over 12" in one night and it was still drivable the next day so we really weren't worried about 1-4".

Imagine my surprise when Matt and I were caught in blizzard like conditions last night as we drove a friend's car to the airport!  It may be my very scariest driving experience ever.  The roads were not bad but the wind and snow were creating white out conditions and I could not see very far in front of my car, not to mention that many of the roads are not lit very well so I couldn't tell where the sides of the roads were.  I went about 20mph the entire way to the airport...I'm sure I annoyed a few people but I really don't care :) because we made it there safely.

On the way home, we got caught behind a snow plow which sounds great because they would be clearing the road.  Well...when you are directly behind a snow plow, they end up just kicking up all of the snow they are plowing right into your view so we were in white out conditions leaving the airport too.  Fortunately the plow driver had enough sense to pull off when he could and let all of the cars by.  It took us about an hour to get home but we made it and had a good laugh about it when we got home.  I'm so thankful that my amazing husband was with me to calm me down and drive me home!  Man...what an adventure! I don't have enough of those these days so it was nice to have my adrenaline pumping and get out of my cozy, comfortable house and live a little (I can say that because we made it home safely). LOL

On a separate note, we had our second birthing class last night.  Everything went well.  The instructor was having some technical difficulties so we began class about 40 minutes late and once she got the presentation up, none of the videos were working so she just described them to us.  We basically went over more natural laboring techniques and positions.  I'll admit that I felt a bit silly practicing these positions and breathing techniques but most of them included that my partner (Matt) massage my back or belly while we did them so that made it all worth it (since it is normally like pulling teeth to get a back massage from him).   I think I might tell him that I need to practice every night and get a nightly back massage :) hee hee!

Stay safe out there if you are experiencing crazy weather like we are!

I'm off to the Big Apple tomorrow!!! WOOHOO!!! I'm sure I will have a ton to write about on Monday when I return!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment