Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 25, 2011

Life is full of the unexpected!

This weekend was perhaps the most stressful of all of the weekends in my pregnancy.  I've had a very smooth path so far with only a hiccup or two but this weekend certainly presented its challenges.

First, due to unforeseen circumstances, our expected nanny has to move back to the western side of the state by the end of this month.  This was something that was obviously unplanned and we are both upset that the job didn't work out but life throws us curve balls and we just have to be as flexible as possible and trust that God has a bigger plan for everyone involved.  So...knowing that our plans for childcare are now changing course, Matt and I have contacted 2 of the other candidates that were in our top 3. 1 gal is in Idaho and it would be about a 30 mile drive for her and with gas prices the way they are, we don't think that the drive would be worth the compensation but we are hopeful that our other candidate will work out.  She is only about 5-10 minutes north of us and is a pastor's daughter with a great family foundation and great morals.  We will be meeting with her on Tuesday to discuss the possibility of employment with us. 

Next, as many of you know, my parents were down in the San Francisco area for my niece and nephew's baptism.  I received a call from my mom on Saturday letting me know that my Dad was in the hospital and they suspected he had suffered a minor stroke.  He was great about letting my brother know the symptoms he was experiencing and Jonathan and Mom were smart enough to get him to the hospital right away.  After some testing in the ER, Dad was admitted to the hospital for additional testing and observation.  Mom said she was very impressed with how great all of the doctors and staff were at the hospital.

After additional testing on Easter, it was confirmed that he had a minor stroke but they were confident that he would make a strong recovery.  They made the decision to have him stay 1 more night and they are hoping he will be released today.  Dad still has some weakness on the right side of his body but they are very optimistic about his recovery.  I'm sure he will start physical therapy once he is home to regain some of the coordination, etc that may have been compromised by the stroke.  Mom and Dad are supposed to fly home tonight but it is all dependent on the what the doctor says and when he is released.

Although the event kind of rattled me (knowing that if anything were to happen, I couldn't just hop on a plane and be with my family), I am so thankful that he was surrounded by loving family when the stroke occurred and had a great healing environment. 

So if you are the praying type, please pray for those 2 events.  Pray that we find the right person to take care of Stella within our somewhat limited time frame and for quick and miraculous healing for my Dad.

I hope you all had wonderful Easter weekends and hopefully they were slightly less eventful than mine.

We have another OB appointment tomorrow afternoon so I will be sure to update you all with how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment