Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 1, 2011

Let the L & D Dreams Begin...

As many of you know, my best friend is a labor and delivery (L & D) nurse at the hospital that I will be delivering at so she has been an amazing resource for me whenever I have a crazy question or need support.  Well, last night, I texted her asking if she was at work and she quickly called me back from her work phone in a panic asking if everything was ok.  I just had a question for her and didn't even think that my text could have warranted worry...whoops! I called her right back and assured her that I was fine and wasn't in labor.  I guess now that I am 34+ weeks, I have to be aware that I could go into labor at any time! I felt so bad to have scared her like that but I am so thankful to have a friend that cares that much!

After recognizing that I am somewhat close to delivery day, I went to bed and, of course, had a labor and delivery dream and who was my nurse?? DIANE!!! It was such a strange dream!  I went into the hospital and Matt was with me of course.  Then my friend Julie showed up with her 2 kids and her husband and then finally my parents showed up.  I hadn't called any of them so I was wondering how they knew I was there.  Diane told me that she had called them the night before because she just knew I was going to go into labor.  Overall, the whole thing was really easy, however Diane kept telling me that I had to dilate to 23cm to push and I kept saying, "WHAT?!? I've always heard 10cm...when did that change?"  She proceeded to tell me that my baby's head was extremely large (which she obviously would have gotten from Matt - hee hee) and with large headed babies, they just let labor continue to 23cm to be sure to avoid C-sections.  The room was a bit chaotic with everyone in it so Diane kicked everyone out and then I reached the 23cm mark and was able to push.  Again, surprisingly easy...however at that point, I woke up so I never actually got to see the baby!  Bummer!

Anyway - this is no April fools joke...this dream really occurred.  I hope you all have a wonderful first day of April and don't get pranked too badly!

2 comments:

  1. aahhhhaaaa! So funny :) Love the crazy pregnancy dreams! I promise, I will not make you get to 23 cm before you can push, k??!!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...23 cm-CRAZY! Thankfully it was only a dream!

    ReplyDelete