Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 27, 2010

Hello! It's nice to meet you!

My name is Ally.  I am currently 20 weeks pregnant and wanted a way to share the information of my pregnancy and our family as it progresses.  Since I am still anti-facebook, I am starting this blog to keep family and friends in the loop (per the great suggestion of my friend Megan - the blog queen). Unlike Megan, I am new to the blog world so forgive me if this is not as entertaining as other blogs you might read. 

Here is a quick introduction to bring you up to speed...

As I said, my name is Ally.  I am a 28 year old married mother to be.  I have been married to my amazing husband, Matt, since July of 2006 and we have 1 dog (a shiba inu) named Coach.  Both of us grew up in Western WA but in June of 2010, we moved to the Eastern side of the state (or a whole other country as Matt would say).  So far we have really enjoyed our time in Eastern WA but we do miss living near our families and friends we grew up with, especially as we are expecting this little one.

We found out on August 31st that we were pregnant with our first baby.  After only 1 month of trying, we were slightly shocked to get the news.  Things have progressed nicely through the first trimester, minus the constant nausea and loss of appetite, and into the 2nd.  We found out on December 14th that our little bundle of joy will be a little girl.  She was measuring perfectly and looked very healthy.  She was moving around quite a bit during the measurement portion of the ultrasound but the moment the tech began the DVD recording, she became completely still.  Maybe she is shy and mellow but between Matt and me, that would be strange for our child to be shy :) hee hee!  We also found out that I have a low lying placenta after that ultrasound so the doctor called and ordered that I immediately cease all strenuous activity and heavy lifting.  No more taking out the garbage for me - YAY!

Anyway...that is who and where we are in life. Welcome to our blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment