Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Flu or Not the Flu?? That is the question...

Matt and I drove back from visiting family over Christmas and were settling back in to the daily grind of things.  Come Monday night we realized that we had nothing in our cupboards for dinner so we decided to venture out.  Some of you know that we have been on a quest to find good Chinese food in Spokane and so far we haven't had much luck but we decided to try again.  We went to a local Chinese restaurant and had dinner there.  Dinner was ok...food was decent but not great.  I didn't eat very much just because I get so full so quickly now and we both took home leftovers.

Within about 2 hours of returning home, Matt started saying that he didn't feel well so we headed to bed a little early.  Sure enough, Matt started to get sick around 10pm so he went downstairs on to the couch so he wouldn't get me sick too.  And wouldn't you know it, I woke up at about midnight and had the same symptoms.  The lovely symptoms of the stomach flu or food poisoning.  Thank God for a house with more than 1 bathroom!!!

Needless to say, the past 24 hours have been pretty miserable for both of us.  Thankfully we started to feel somewhat better about half way through the day and were able to at least keep fluids down and stay hydrated.  And my temperature never rose above 99.6 so the baby didn't fry (thank goodness). 

I guess there were a few people that we saw over Christmas that were "getting over the flu" which I didn't know at the time and Matt's sister also came down with something yesterday.  Was it the flu?? Or food poisoning?? I guess we'll never know...but I do know one thing - I'M GLAD ITS OVER!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yuck! Hope you are feeling better today? Where did you eat? Which chinese places have you tried?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Wah Ming near Wandermere which we had been to before and determined that it was the best we had found so far but we have tried so many places and still haven't found a great one yet. Definitely open to suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete