Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Results You've Been Waiting For

Ok...here it goes.  The final results...

First, let me review the last 14 days because I was awful about updating you with the events.  I travelled to Auburn and then to Kansas.  Traveling and keeping healthy eating habits is hard but I did my best.  Our hotel offered waffles and lots of yummy goodies for breakfast but I stuck to eggs, oatmeal and fruit. I was pretty proud of myself.  I did miss 2 days of vitamins on the flying days but overall, it wasn't too bad.

So, after the full 24 (or 26 in my case) days, here are the results.  I am down a total of 4lbs.  I was a little bummed that I didn't lose any weight after the first 10 days but I knew I felt better and that is what really matters.  Weight really is just a number and if I feel good about the way I look, I really don't care what my weight is.

As for inches, I originally measured the following body parts: Right arm, shoulders, chest, waist, hips, right thigh, and right calf.  Here are the end results:

Right arm: down 1/2 inch
Shoulders: no change
Chest: down 1/2 inch
Waist: down 1.75 inches!!
Hips: down 1/2 inch
Right thigh: down 1 inch!!
Right calf: down 1/2 inch

Total loss: 4.75 inches on areas I measured.  I am really happy with that number.  Matt didn't measure himself but he lost a total of 6 lbs from the challenge and is at one of his lowest weights since I met him almost 10 years ago!

Here are some other cool things...

I don't crave desserts like I used to.  I used to HAVE to have something sweet after dinner.  I don't even think about it that often and Matt and I decided we will treat ourselves to FroYo on Saturdays for being good during the week.  I look forward to that treat but don't NEED it.

I have really enjoyed snacking on almonds and fruit.  I no longer crave the carb snacks.  I used to want bread or chips or icky stuff but after seeing some results, I don't want to sabotage myself.  This doesn't mean that I will never eat them again but I do like the feelings and energy I have without them.

This is one of the most stressful times in my life.  I have a lot going on and yet, I have energy and a positive attitude! I really do think that is amazing.  One thing that helped me through this that Advocare doesn't sell is prayer! Whenever I got hungry or tempted, I would pray and that also did a world of good for my energy and attitude.  So, with Advocare and God, I'm feeling pretty good right now. 

I still have a long way to go but I'm at least on the right path.  I'm continuing with my Max3 packs and have added catalyst and thermoplus to my daily regiment.  I've also begun working out again, at least 3 days a week, so I'm hoping that will also kick start some additional loss.

Thank you to all the support and prayers you have sent my way through the challenge...I love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful!! One thing I've learned with Advocare is that weight isn't the priority, especially if you don't have much to lose! Inches are usually the biggest loss, being down a size or two or even 3 is the best feeling ever!! I have only lost a total of about 14 lbs, but i'm down almost 2 full sizes :) The energy and how you feel overall is the biggest gain of all! So glad you guys are both feeling awesome! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete