Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Days 9 & 10 - Finishing the Cleanse

Alright everyone! I'm done with the 10 day cleanse portion of the 24 day challenge.  In review, it really wasn't that bad.  The worst part about it was drinking the fiber drinks because they aren't super tasty but they aren't bad.

Over the past 10 days I have noticed the following benefits from the cleanse:

* 3.5lbs weight loss!!
* Headaches are gone
* Higher energy without crashes
* Clearer skin!! I think this is from the Omegaplex.

In addition, it has made me much more conscious of what I have been putting in my body.  I have been able to resist my usual cravings for sweets and eat leaner proteins and smarter snacks.  Rather than eating chips, I would eat carrots or an apple, which just makes me feel better overall!  It has also made me more aware of how much water I am drinking.  I faithfully drink water all throughout the day!  I have not had coffee or soda since we started, nor wanted it which is the shocking part!

So now we are onto the replenishing portion of the 24 day challenge, which is just about putting the right vitamins back into your body so that it can efficiently function.  Each day has 4 little packets of 3-4 pills to take.  I take the first yellow packet 30 minutes before breakfast, 2 white packets with lunch and 1 yellow packet 30 minutes before lunch.  I usually eat lunch around 11 because I start work at 6 but today I didn't take my vitamins till 11:30 and waited to eat lunch at noon.  I started to feel sick around 11:45 because I was so hungry and sometimes my stomach doesn't do well when taking vitamins on an empty stomach.  I didn't have that feeling at breakfast so I'm hoping that it was just because I waited to eat and not because those vitamins don't sit well with me.  I will keep you posted on that.

I'm flying to Seattle this weekend for Easter with the fam and then taking off to see my Grandparents in Kansas next week so I am going to try and stay as faithful to the healthy eating and the vitamins as possible while traveling.  I've packed some meal replacement shakes and spark to take with me so hopefully that will help me out.

Stay tuned...I'll try and update some while I am traveling!

Happy Easter everyone!  He is risen!! He is risen, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment