Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Wave

Miss Stella is perfecting the wave. Not the kind you see at sporting events but the kind you use to say hello and goodbye.  She has figured out how to flick her wrist up and down and she now does it to everyone.  Unfortunately, she still won't do it on command but, boy oh boy, when she is in the mood to wave, she will wave at anyone and everyone.  Last night, we were shopping at Safeway and she would look down an aisle and wave at anyone in her path.  It was pretty darn cute.  Now if she would only do it on command.  Our next trick we are trying to learn is clapping!

She has also discovered her shadow and found that it is the only friend that will never leave her when she wants to play.  Here is a quick video of her recent discovery.  You can see her wrist start to do the wave flick just a little bit in the video




She also loves playing with her football that Grammy gave her for the Superbowl.  According to her daddy, she might be the first female kicker in the NFL...we'll see.  I'm guessing kicking may be her best bet because she fumbles the ball quite a bit right now :)


As for an update on her weight issue, she still isn't so keen on drinking 8 oz of formula at one time but she is adjusting really well to it.  The max we can get her to drink is about 6.5oz, which is great in my book.  She is loving her solid foods and puffs, of course, and I am still nursing her as much as I can.  I sort of feel like all she does is eat these days but I guess that is what she needs right now.  I'm still dealing with a bit of mother's guilt but she is slowly helping me through that by being adorable and sweet.  She is just growing into such a sweet little girl and I am so thankful to have her as my daughter! 

She ate meats for the first time last week and she isn't quite sure about the taste.  She had chicken with vegetables and she definitely eats it but doesn't scarf it down like she does her other foods. 

She has also recently gone outside of the house with her nanny, Selah, during the day while I work.  Selah takes her to the YMCA for some water play and then to the local library for a sit and read with kids her age.  I'm glad that she is getting a chance to be exposed to other children.  Being that she has a nanny that comes into our house, she doesn't really have that much exposure to other kids which is good for some things because she has stayed relatively healthy but she doesn't get the socialization that daycare kids get.  In addition, she also spent Sunday morning in the church nursery.  The woman in the nursery said that she just sat and watched two 18 month old boys run around and didn't make a peep.  My chatty little girl went silent LOL. 

Lastly, here is a picture of Stella lounging in a high chair while we ate breakfast (in her adorable outfit from Auntie Serena!).  I'm not sure why she does this but she pulls her legs up over the bar and just leans back to relax.  It is pretty funny to watch.  We can always get her to sit properly by putting a few puffs on the table for her to reach and eat :)


That's all for now :) I will keep you posted on her progression.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I know about mommy guilt and formula, but call me, really! It's OKAY!!!
    2. Where do you go to church?
    3. Shadows are super friends, right?!?! Too cute!!
    4. LOVE her relaxing in the high chair-so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Em!

    I will definitely call you. We still need to get together. Stella had a fever yesterday and it threw all of my plans off. We go to Timberview Church...it is right down the road from our house.

    I will call you later so we can chat :)

    Thanks for the support!

    Ally

    ReplyDelete