Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

We have arrived (at the hospital)

Well everyone…we are finally here!  Matt and I have arrived and checked in to the hospital.  We were initially scheduled to arrive at 8pm but it appears May 1, 2011 is a great day to have a baby.  The labor and delivery department was slammed with deliveries this evening so they called us and asked if we could call around 9 to see how things were going and get a new arrival ETA. 
Of course the next few hours were agony waiting for 9 o'clock to roll around.  The news of the death of Osama Bin Laden certainly helped pass the time a bit and we decided that Stella will have an amazing newspaper cover for her birthday!
Anyway, I called at 9 and who answered the phone?? DIANE!!! She wasn't originally supposed to work tonight but since so many babies were making their entrance, she was called and asked to work.  She agreed since she knew they would be admitting me and now I have the best nurse in the world to admit me and make me comfortable.  So she told me to come in around 10 and here we are at 10:30 and I'm all hooked up to monitors and ready to go.
Here are some pictures of me (and my teddy bear, Molly) in my pretty pretty princess gown!


I should be getting my "prep" work done soon and then per the doctor's orders, I will be getting an ambien to get a good nights sleep and then the hard work will begin in the morning!

I will be sure to keep the blog posted as soon as I am up for it :) Keep us in your prayers tonight and tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment