Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Finally...an update!

Well...it has been a whirlwind of a week.  Stella is now 9 days old and today is her actual due date.  I have been just trying to soak in being a new mother and have been avoiding my laptop a bit.  Anyway, I know you are dying to see pics of our new little amazing addition so I'll give a quick recap of our last 9 days and then showcase our sweet Stella!

I know this is going to sound like a glowing mother that is bragging about her baby but Stella really is an extraordinarily calm and content baby.  The longest I have heard her cry is about 30 seconds (if that long).  She has been really easy to comfort and so sweet.  The first 2 nights were tough because my milk hadn't come in so poor Stella was hungry and cluster feeding about 1x per hour.  I think I got a total of about 4-5 hours of sleep over those first 2 nights but on Friday, my milk came in and she turned into a completely different baby at night.  Since Friday, Stella takes her last feeding between 10-11pm and then wakes up between 2-3am and then again between 6-7am.  She is letting us get about 6 hours of solid sleep each night and I am so thankful for that!

We have gone through A LOT of diapers and she loves to release her bodily functions (mostly pee and spit up) on her daddy when she doesn't have a diaper on - haha!  She had her newborn pictures taken with a professional photographer last week and we should get the proofs back within the next 2 weeks.  The photographer's name is Kim Stadler and she posted a cute sneak peek of Stella's pics on her facebook page...take a look when you get a chance!

Overall, the last 9 days have been exhaustingly wonderful and the support and help we have received from everyone has been amazing.  My mom and dad have been with us for the past 2 weeks and I couldn't have done it without them!  God has blessed us with our hearts desires when he gave us Stella!

Here are some pics...I think she looks a lot like her daddy but you judge for yourself :)

Stella on her birthday - 5/2/11:



My mom with Stella:


Matt's mom with Stella:


My dad with Stella:


I think she looks A LOT like her daddy in this pic...she was sitting contently but has a very grumpy face:


Our friend, Megan, with Stella in the hospital:


Stella with her Android stuffed animal and Google gear from Uncle Jonathan:


Stella in her first swing ride - she LOVED it!

Here is a picture that I took today - this is Stella sleeping in her carseat at 9 days old.

That is all for now!  Thanks for being patient with me.  I've been thoroughly enjoying being a new mom and feel so blessed with such an amazing baby!

Thank you again to everyone who has reached out and provided well wishes and support during the last week!  It is truly appreciated!  

3 comments:

  1. WELCOME, Stella!!! She is Perfect, and I'm so glad to hear things are going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss her already! let me know when youre up for a visitor again/babysitter so you can take a nap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so ridiculously excited and proud of you! She is absolutely adorable!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete