Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Good morning!

Good morning, everyone! Happy Stella's birthday (let's hope I don't have a 24 hour labor that pushes this into tomorrow)!

Last night was an adventure.  Diane got to be my nurse and now knows way more about me than she ever wanted to but I couldn't have asked for a better experience.  Once everything was done, I was given ambien and allowed to sleep.  Unfortunately, I didn't sleep very well.  I was up 3 times to go the bathroom.  Matt had to help me get there on the first one cause that ambien makes you loopy :) and then when I woke up at 4am, I just couldn't go back to sleep so I've been up since about 4am!  The nurse came in around 6am and hooked me back up to all of the monitors and then about an hour later my doctor came to check on me.

She did a quick cervical check and I've progressed a little bit.  I'm now 2cm and 70% effaced which is good so she said she had to go do a c-section and then she would be back to break my water and begin pitocin soon.  I'm having contractions ever 1-4 minutes.  They aren't very consistent yet and not very painful.  They just feel like my whole tummy is tightening and I have mild period like consistent cramps.  The nurse said this is most likely my cervix thinning out.  When they get more powerful and consistent, then they will most likely be dilating.

My new morning nurse is Cyndie and she seems so nice and great! Poor Diane worked till 1am last night and is going to be making her way back here on her day off to support me...gotta love good friends!  Mom and Dad are also on their way in soon. They were taking some stress off of me by making sure that my furbaby was taken care of last night and they cuddled Coach all night so she wouldn't be totally freaked out by our absence.

I've been getting tons of supportive texts and emails from everyone which has been great! Thank you all so much!  This experience is a bit surreal so far.  It is hard to image that by the end of today, I will be holding my baby in my arms! I think typing that just raised my heart rate a little in a good way :)

More to report later...

2 comments:

  1. AHHHH! So excited for you!!! I'm thinking of you and praying for a smooth sailing day for you as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so very happy for you, Friend! Can't wait to see her beautious face!

    ReplyDelete