Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

12 month check up

Stella had her 12 month check up today and, boy, what a difference 3 months makes!  Do you remember at her 9 month check up how concerned they were with her growth patterns since she dropped so dramatically?  Well...3 months later, she is a whole different baby.  Here are the stats:

Head - 17 3/4" - right on 50th percentile
Weight - 22lbs 4oz - Just under the 75th percentile
Height - 29 3/4" - Just on the 75th percentile

Everything checked out beautifully and she is a healthy little girl!  We will begin transitioning off of formula soon and Stella can start exploring the world of real adult food in little cubes. 

She did get 3 vaccination shots but they did them in the nicest way possible.  2 nurses come in and do the shots at the same time so that she only has to endure the torturous pricks a few times.  Stella gasped in a deep breath, turned beat red and then started sobbing.  It was a cry I hadn't really ever heard before...it was like she couldn't get a full breath of air and was gasp crying but that was short lived...only about 2-3 minutes of cuddling and she was all better and ready to play peek-a-boo with the receptionists.

I know I've said it before but I just feel so blessed by this little girl and the place that my family is in.  We are in a good phase right now.  I know it is just a phase and I'm waiting for things to change but my goodness, this phase is AWESOME!

We have a big weekend ahead.  Grammy and Grumpy are coming into town for my graduation and Stella has her 12 month pictures with Kim this weekend!

Enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment